A nanny once suggested I visit a playcentre.
“What’s a playcentre?”, I asked.
“It’s an indoor playground. Aircon, there’s food at the cafe. You pay per child. Adults go free.”
Well, blow me down! You learn something new every day in mum life.
We originally planned to go to the Rainbow City Childrens’ Playcentre in Underwood, but there wasn’t any parking available. Instead we went to Chipmunks Playland and Cafe around the corner and had a blast! It’s definitely an option if you have active kids and the heat is getting to you.
Chipmunks Playland and Cafe was a lot larger than I expected.
We went during school holidays, so there were a large number of kids with parents and grandparents in tow. There were still plenty of tables available, though the ones closest to main play area were prime vantage positions and were taken early.
The cafe offerings were pizzas (margherita, meat lovers and Hawaiian) , burgers, chips, wedges, chicken nuggets, etc. Pizzas and chips were the popular menu items, with most tables tucking into these at lunch.
- Reasonable rates without time limits: 1-2 year olds $9.90, 3-11 year olds $13.90
- Lots of free parking in the complex.
- Large play areas with various activities, including air-guns and two giant slides
- I wouldn’t consider the kids menu options particularly healthy.
- If you prefer to always have an eye on your kids (particularly if they’re younger), this playcentre might be too large for your taste.