This has been my pincushion for as long as I can remember.
It was really my mother’s and was the top half of a plastic container meant to hold extra pins, but over the years, it wouldn’t shut. I gave up using it after countless accidents spilling pins all over the floor.
Trawling through Pinterest, I found a tutorial on how to sew a lovely wild flower pincushion, which also included the pattern. It took me awhile to work it out and I was lucky to find some additional tips from another blog.
Seeing as this was my first attempt at the pattern, I dug out some scraps in my stash tub of fabric and some stuffing from an old cushion that’s too fat. Two of the petals have been squished under and the resulting pincushion is much larger than I initially envisioned, but otherwise it’s all secure and is already securing my collection of sewing pins.