Alfred and Constance launched their new summer menu on Monday, so here’s a sneaky peek at what we tried.
Since I didn’t get to try everything, quips and comments around the table indicated:
- Chorizo scotched eggs (AUD$11.90) are not packing as much of a punch as before, but apparently the word on the street is Brisbanites can’t handle much heat (really? What is this, people?!)
- Josper grilled prawns with quinoa, fresh coriander with preserved lemon (AUD$15.90) are excellent
- Josper grilled duck breast with watermelon, persian feta, mint and toasted cashews (AUD$32) is a great flavour combination and was the most popular dish of the evening (it was also one of the prettiest, IMHO)
- Dish of the evening went to the Josper grilled lamb rack with oregano salt, green beans, tomato, black olive and caper salsa (AUD$28.90)
- Dessert of the evening went to the banoffee pie (banana, caramel and whipped cream).
- Dish I wished I got to try is the chicken schnitzel with red cabbage and fennel slaw, sour cream, lemon and capers (AUD$21.90).
And if you’re a foodie, how familiar is this scene?
Disclaimer: We dined as invited guests at the Alfred and Constance summer menu launch.